They lived in House #106 in Zadverich, Mor They had at least 5 children BUT I have only found 4.
Looking for Lomica's in house #2. Joseph Jr.Lomicaand family Joe came in 1903 with his wife and
family. They stayed in St. Louis for several years then went to El Campo,TX. He
had several wives.
Joseph and Mary (Lomica)Zurek -Mor -Valley/Custer NE. Mary is Joseph Lomica Sr. sister.
They came from Zadveric abt 1880 to Custer county then abt 1885 moved to Valley county NE.Ord Ne. Family lost.
After Joe died Mary remarried a John Slezak. She died in Ord, NE. Mary Lomica and Joe Zurek were second cousins. Looking for more Zurek families
Back to top of page
Mathias and Katheran (Henzlick) DolejsiMathew is from
Prague area and Kate from Mirovice. The family came to St Louis. Mathias was a
Charles (Thersa Drazal), William (Liz Mik), Frank (Mary Jonak),
Josephine (Oscar Schilling) and Mary(John Lomica) married in St Louis.
All stayed in St Louis except for Mary.(see Lomica)
(Mary is my link)
John and Frank Vodrask/Wodraska/Wodwaska-Sobeslav, Boh
-MI- SD John Wodraska came in 1855 to Detroit Mi. He married Mary Fisher. In
Detroit a Johann Wodraska was godpaarent(Unknown link).John and Mary homesteaded
in Sanilac county and were burnt out in 1871 and 1881.
They farmed next to Frank Wodwaska (relationship unknown). Frank's family
can still be found in the Parisville area.
After the 1881 forest fire John homesteaded with all of his children
in Brule county, SD. His daughter Mary married Frank Washechek (See Jacob Washechek Below)
Frank and Mary are my link.
Anton and Mary Fisher Austria- MI- SD They farmed next to
daughter Rose and hubbie Jon Wodraska.(My link)
The 1860 census lists a Michael 21,Wensel 18 and Agnes 14 living at the home.
I have located a Micheal Fisher but can't link him to Anton except by this
census. Nothing is known of Wensel or Agnes.
Jacob and Mary (Duba) Washechek/VasicekOpotov, Boh- Grant
Co Wi - SD -OK. Jacob and Mary left Opatov near Humpolec in 1867.
They settled in Grant county Wi. Anna Duba (Mary's mother) came
with them. In 1881 they homesteaded in Brule county, SD. All the children stayed in the SD area.
Frank Washechek married Mary Wodraska (see John Wodraska above)
In the Grant county WI area a Wensel (link unknown) lived near them. There was also
Wensel that came on the same boat with them. Links unknown.
They may have gone to OK and Kansas.
Back to top of page
Back to top of page
- John and Julia (Leu)Kruger-
Schonlanke - WI -IA- NE-SD John and his family lived at Schonlanke Possen Germany in 1838 and moved to Studzin (Kolmar region)in 1853. In 1861 to Beaver Dam WI.
They had ten children
- Fredirch, John, Emil, and Ferdinand (Clara McDonald) moved to Weeping Water, NE.
- Caroline (John Kuhn) died in Owatanna, MN
- Julia (Himrich Harder), Amelia (William Kruger) lived in Beaver Dam Wi. area
- Emelia ( EJ Pontou) Kouts, IN
- Albert (Emilia Grieger), Theodore (Vesta Kruger) went to Hand/Faulk county SD
- August and Albertine (Kruger)Ponto - Schonlanke- IA- SD August lived in Schonlanke Germany in 1863 when his daughter Emma was born. Another child died in childbirth along with Albertine. August left for US and spent time at Melvern IA before homesteading in Jerald county SD in 1881. His daughter Emma came to US abt 1879 and spent time with either Leu or Pontou family in Melvern, IA.]
In 1885 she married Theodore Kruger (see John Kruger) and homesteaded in Hand county SD.
They had 4 daughters Ada (John Hall), Minnie (John Wicker), Vesta (John Russell), and Ellen.
The Ponto Family Treehouse is a collection of other Ponto families.
- JohnanLeu and Anna Kuhn of Zaskerhutte/Schonfliess Prussia. Children of Mathias Christus came to Melvern Ia in the 1870's Surnames in the line Menschell, Ponto, Warnke, Donner
- Jakob Ludwig Children came to Hand/Falk county SD in the 1880's
- Katherine Julie (See John Kruger)came to Beaver Dam, Wi in 1861
- Adolph and August to Mills County Ia. in 1870
- William and Margaret (Wolbers)Schaefer Rheinland Germany-WI-NE William is from Fritzdorf and moved to Niederdrees He moved the family of 11 to Fussville, Wi in 1844.
The children moved to:
- Waukasha county Wi/Milwaukee area Margaret (Jacob Fuhr), Fred, Margaret, John, Christina( John Hennies)
- Cedar county NE area: Theodore (Anna Ruland), Jacob (Gertrude Molflen), Elizabeth (Peter Kleinschmidt), Josie (John Smith), Hubert (Katie Klinker)
- Gerard Hoffman and family went from Juntersdorf to Bruhl to Vernig Rheinland Germany where the girls all married.
3 daughters of 10 kids have been found
- Margaret (Wlliam Fussnich) moved to St Nazianz, Wi Area abt 1850 Missing information on Margaret, Catheine, Peter, Gerard, and Helen.
- Catherine Elizabeth(PeterRuland) moved to Fussnich area. Stayed in Milwaukee area Anna (JohnFellenz) , Mary (MikeWick) , Fred (Anna Hubert), Francis (Maria Fischer)
Moved to Cedar County NE Abt 1869- Anna (Theodore Schaefer, Elizabeth (GeorgeKast), Anthony (Mary Beste),
- Anna Maria (Mathias SMITH/SCHMIDT) lived in Waukesha
county area Missing Elizabeth b1839, Margaretb 1842, Mary b 1851.
The others have been found in and out of Cedar county NE.John (Josie Schaefer), Gerard and Lucy (Dieckman).
- John Russell John married Margaret Smith April 30, 1887 at Scard Heart Catohlic Church in Yankton, SD. They had Martin (Birdie Severson), Rebecca(Maddie)(Archie Buchanon) and John (Vesta Kruger). He was a shoemaker who left in 1895 to go to Chicago. He lived at 335 s Clark and worked out of 412 S Clark. He may have been Polish but wrote in German. He disappears here.
Margaret remarried to Nicolas Duehr and the family moved to Miller. Margaret is Granddaughter of William Schaefer and Matias Smith.
Hand County, SD.
- Herman and Gina (Faldt) HermansonNord Osen Hedmark Norway to Lake Preston SD.
They homesteaded in Williams county ND. Gina's family was Matinus Osen and Marie Gulbrandsdtr
of Sordre-Osen Trysil. Other known cousins from the family that came to the Lake Preston
were Odden, Lunde, Julson, Svendsen, Jordt.
Herman and Gina's kids lived:
- Hilda (Bojordahl, Martha Anderson, Eddie, Marie Anderson - Kingsbury county, SD area
- Gina (Minnie)Gesland- Cherokee, Ia
- Martinus- Wilmar Mn
- Sena Gustafson and Helmer -Williams county, ND area
- Dina Miller- Miner county,SD
- Gunda Smith-Portland, OR
- Andreas and Johanna(Terborg) Anderson-Andreas is an AABERGE from Luster, Norway.
Johanna was born at Raasvelt Prussia. They met and married at Rushford, MN on April 19, 1873.
They lived in the Kingsbury and Brookings couny areas of SD.
They had 12 kids and 9 lived to adulthood. They lived at:
- Albert (Martha Hermanson), Anna, Roy (Bernice Fitts), Anton (Dora Terp),
Herman (Elizabeth Runner)and Bertha (Chester Corey -Kingsbury county, SD
- John Henry (Clara Tabler) -Wessington Springs, SD
- Andrew (Dora Davis) -Beecher City, IL
- Maret and Halvor Anderson, Lein/Lee-Sor- Aurdal, Oppland, Norway.
Marit was married two times. Our line is with Halvor Anderson from Skarabraaten. When he married Marit
they lived on the Lein farm. When they came to the US the name became Lee. Some of Marit's first
family came to Blooming Praire, MN. Marit and Halvor came with their 6 kids to Oldham, Kingbury, SD
Marit died there. Halvor later moved to Catawba, Price, Wi.
The children were:
- Anna (Anderson), , Gurine (Jacobson), Andrew, and Oliana (Hanson)
werein Kingsbury County SD.
- Bertha (Madson), and Gilbert were in Catawba, WI
- Thora (Thompson) was in Blooming Praire, MI
- Inger and Siri Amundsdatter location are unknown
- Hans Hanson was born on the Bogstad farm at Ullensaker. He came to the Spring
Valley, MN area abt 1855. He married Gubjor Rosendal. She died in 1875. Hans remarried. His family lived
in the Spring Valley, MN and Mower, Ia area. Hans helped the boys get homesteads in
Kingsbury County, SD and lived with them.
The Children were:
- Gus, Abraham, Paul and Albert -Oldham, SD
- Clara Jacobson -Madison, MN (I am looking for her daughter Mildred)
Hans married a second time and had Emil, Julia, and Maude. They never married and
lived in Mpls.MN.
Back to top of page
Anders Christen Madsenof
F Sonderhaa married Maren Pedersdatter of
They had Marne B 1843 , Ane b 1846, Karen B1847, Else b 1849
Nielseine b 1852 and Stein in 1853. The mother Maren died one day after Stein.
Nothing is known of these children.
Anders then married Anna Catherine Nielsdatter at Hoerdum.
Anna is the daughter of Niels Edvardsen and Kristen Nielsdatter of Villerslev.
- Niels and Maria (Nielsen)Andersen Hordum/Skyum,
to Badger SD in 1885. They had 8 Children 6 which lived to adulthood.
- Anna, Kate, Emma and Art stayed in Badger, SD area.
- Christian lived a Butte Mt.
- Anders lived at Winnett,MT
- Marin married Peder Nelson and moved to Badger, SD area in 1880's
Their 12 children stayed in the area.
- The obit of Niels lists that 2 sisters went to NE.
Possibilites could be Stine B 1861, Ane 1864, MAds 1868, Jens, 1870.
Nothing is know of any of the Hordum/Skyum families.
Back to top of page---
can you help me find them?
- Joe Zurek family of Ord NE 1885
- Anders and Maren nee Pedersdatter Madsen from Hordum, Denmark 1850. to present
- Anders and Ane Catherinenee Nielsdatter from Skyum Denmark
1860. to present.
- Frank Wodwaska family Parisville, MI 1880
- Michael Fisher family Parisville, Mi 1880
- Wesel Vasicek that came on Western Metropolis in Nov 1967 from Boh.
- Wensel and Joshophine Vasicek that lived in Grant county WI in 1870.
- Joe Polak's first family in St. Louis, MO 1895
Back to top of page